Friday, April 26, 2024

100 Days of School | Sarah Millerhouse | April 2024 Color Kitz

Hello! It’s Sarah Millerhouse here, and I am so excited to share another layout using the beautiful April Color Kitz!

For this layout, I started with matte opaque texture paste on the background. I applied it to my mixed media cardstock in a thick layer, using my palette knife. I then used a bench scraper to slice lines horizontally through the paste while it was still wet. This gave me some thick, perfectly imperfect lines going across for added texture. Once it dried, I added Coloringz - Well Blue Me Down and Coloringz - Sunny Side Up on top of the texture paste, letting it mix and bland a little along the lines. 

I layered on patterned paper from the April Color Kitz Paper collection and added my two photos. I then created the title using Creameez - Piggy Pink, Coloringz - Sunny Side Up, and Creameez - Luck O The Irish (Bonuz Bundle) and stamps from CraftyMe. I love the layered number stamps and how they look with all the Shimmerz goodness behind them. I finished the title with letters from my stash and ephemera from the April colllection. 

I used patterned paper from the April collection and a past Shimmerz Paints cutfile to cut the layered flowers for the page. I love how these look cut from patterned paper and white cardstock as the flower border. 

To finish the page, I used the sequins from the Bonuz Bundle and Pops of Color to add a few extra details. 

I absolutely LOVE this kit this month and all the colors included!! I hope you will check it out for yourself and join in on the fun creating with it! 

Remember, if you place a Shimmerz Paints order, put my name, Sarah Millerhouse, in the comments section of the order to receive a free gift! Happy creating!!



No comments: