Friday, March 22, 2024

Love to Explore | Sarah Millerhouse | March Color Kitz +

 


I am excited to share this layout featuring the March Color Kitz + a few more Shimmerz colors I love! I had a great time creating this layout and painting all the colors on the background! For this layout, I was inspired by one of Missy Whidden's older layouts where she used somewhat similar circles on the background. I love how an idea you see can spark creativity and take on a life of its own! 


For the background, I started by cutting different sizes of dotted circles out of the background paper using my Cricut. From there, I got busy adding lots of beautiful colors to the background. From the March Color Kitz, I used Shimmerz - Pink Caviar, and then I mixed the Shimmerz - Spruce It Up with the Inklingz - Dear John Letter to get a lighter green. I also used Shimmerz - Bumbly Bee & Celery and Creameez - Boogie Boardin' Blue to get the combination of colors I wanted. I let the colors blend and mix a little as I went, and I love the result! I then put a piece of black cardstock behind it to get the vivid black dots. 


Once that dried, I used paper and embellishments from the Where to Next? collection to mat my photo with torn paper, fussy cut out flowers to adorn the page around the photo, and add some tags sticking out from behind it. 


I used two different sets of Thickers for my title, and I love how the colors look with the Shimmerz Paints and patterned papers. I also added embroidery thread to the tags in contrasting colors to add another texture to the layout. 



I finished the layout by adding Pops of Color in coordinating colors! I had fun with this layout and hope you find inspiration here!

Remember, if you place an order with Shimmerz Paints, be sure to put my name, Sarah Millerhouse, in the comment section to get a free gift! 

Have a beautiful day! 























No comments: