Friday, February 23, 2024

LOVE | Sarah Millerhouse | February Color Kitz

I am so very excited to share this layout featuring the beautiful Shimmerz Paints February Color Kitz! I love all the pinks and reds in the kitz this month, and I had so much fun creating a monochromatic layout with these colors. Be sure to check out the full process video linked below! 


I started the layout with Foundations mixed media cardstock. I used a Vicki Boutin stencil and ink dauber to add the Creameez - 1 Hot Mama through the stencil. Using the ink dauber helped me control where the color went. 


I then used the same ink dauber, with the Creameez still on it, and added Shimmerz - Buddy's Favorite Color to half of the dauber. With this I stamped circles on the background. I twisted slightly as the dauber hit the page, and this gave me a beautifully subtle swirl of pink and red.

Once those dried, I used the packaging technique to add more color to the background with Coloringz - A Bright Fuscia, Spritz - Taffy Hour, and the Shimmerz! I also splattered on some of the Blingz - Hi Ho Silver (from the February Bonuz Bundle) as a finishing touch to the background. 

While that was drying, I took the black and white flower patterned paper from the February Kitz and added all of the colors to the flowers. I added layer after layer of color until I liked how they looked! I then fussy cut them all out to add to the background. 

Around my photo, I added the flowers and some embellishments from past Hip Kits that coordinated with the colors. I also added white leaves that I cut out with metal dies to the floral clusters. As a finishing touch, I added Pops of Color to the centers of the flowers and in clusters around the page. 

I love how this layout turned out and enjoyed every second of using these kitz!!!

Check out the Full Process Video: Sarah's Full Process Video

Remember to add my name, Sarah Millerhouse, to your Shimmerz order to receive a free gift! Have a beautiful day!! 



No comments: