Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Shimmerz Paints Design Team Post, Dreamcatcher


 Hi everyone! Melissa here with a new design team post for the amazing Shimmerz Paints, I love                                                                         their rich texture and colors!  

To make this I applied white gesso to the chipboard pieces. I poured on Aqua Tinsel Embossing Powder on Versamark ink on a few random areas. I added the pearls and microbeads, and Shimmerz Paints.
I kept adding things, and more layers of paint and mica powder. A lot of the items are from Reneabouquets.







To add visual interest I added micro beads, seed beads, glass glitter ,gold leaf,glass beads, pearls, rhinestones,  glass hearts,sequins,tulle, iridescent wrapping paper, feathers from my yard,pressed and dried flowers, a flower from  Reneabouquets, metal fromTim Holtz,and bling and from my stash The birds are from Graphic 45 Birdwatcher, they're attached with gold wire and Glossy Accents.Most of the things are glued on individually with Glossy Accents. It's hard to see,but at the bottom of each feather I wired on a moonstone, quartz, and a sterling silver bead. They weighted the feathers down, so they hung better. The stick at the top is from one of my rosebushes.







I used the following colors:   Peacock's Plume ,and Christmas Cheer Shimmerz ,then Penny 4 Your Thoughts Inklingz. I painted on Steely Blue Eyes Inklingz. layered on top of some of the Peacock's Plume. I brushed on black ink to outline different areas. I painted on a mix of gold mica powder and water.


















                                     Thank you so much for looking , and have a great week!













 



No comments: