Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Hello Dude | September Color Kitz | Lorimar Ortega

Hello Shimmerz Crew!

Lorimar here, sharing this gorgeous boy layout using the September Color Kitz. This month I decided to focus on the colors within the Color Kitz, added a bit of texture using the Mother of Pearl Foilz, and didn't use the cut file. You can grab your very own kit and other goodies here ---->>> www.shimmerzpaints.com. 

Today's layout seems complicated, but super easy to make. Begin by adding gesso to your background. Once dry, go crazy with the Shimmerz! I basically sprayed Ahoy Matey and Ocean Water unto the background, and splashed (with a brush) Silver Bells, Witches Blue, and Pistachio. Always allow mixed media ample time to dry before adding any extra layers. Using a stencils from my stash, I added Mother of Pearl Foilz around the area where I'd be adding my photo and embellishments. Once this was dry, I added a couple more splashes of Pistachio and Witches Brew.

I allowed everything to dry and then began layering in my photo and embellishments, including some doilies I had hiding around in my stash, and finished off the layout with the Dotz from the Color Kitz.

That's it! Try out any of the techniques you see here and be sure to share your layout at the Shimmerz Paints Sharez Facebook group.

Write my name in the comments section of your next Shimmerz order to receive a freebie. 

Thank you so much for joining me today! Take care!

- Lorimar







No comments: