Friday, July 23, 2021

Here Comes the Sun | July Color Kitz with Process Video | Niki Rowland

 

Hey everyone, this is Niki @nikiclairecreates here with a new layout and process video using the July 2021 Color Kitz. The July Color Kitz consists of five colours of awesome Shimmerz Paints, an exclusive Here Comes the Sun cut file, a set of three Dotz and a pack of paper flower Embellishmentz.  The paint colours are: Frogget Me Not Vibez, Mandarin Mai Tai Coloringz, Caribbean Sunset Spritz, Green Olive Shimmerz and There She Rose Again Shimmerz. These colours are so perfect for Summer.



I loved the 60s hippie vibe of the Here Comes the Sun Cut file. I cut it multiple times. First I cut the letters from an orange cardstock, then I cut two backing pieces: one in white and one in a coral pink coloured cardstock. I painted the white one with the There She Rose Again Shimmerz paint and then layered the three pieces together. The coral backing I just used as a narrow shadow and the orange words I popped up on foam pads. What an awesome title!



I created the background using a sheet of white for the base. I cut a starburst design from yellow paper. I then cut smaller triangles out of a sheet of white Marshmallow cardstock. I then set about painting these to achieve a ombre sunset effect. I spritzed the middle section of each with Caribbean Sunset Spritz, then spritzed the outside edges with Mandarin Mai Tai and painted the point with There She Rose Again. I blended the colours with additional water where needed but they blended pretty well! I blasted them with my heat tool to dry them off and the effect was really stunning! It worked so well! I then layered these onto my yellow triangles.

I then cut smaller pink star print triangles to go on as another layer. I distressed the edges of all layers and stitched through them centrally with my sewing machine. I then stuck them all to the background and the result is a triple layered starburst – loads of hippie vibes there and it reminds me of tie-dying! 


I positioned my cut file title in the middle of the starburst. I added my photos and then began to add a few embellishments. I used a few pieces of floral ephemera, a tag and some other ephemera pieces. Really there is SO much going on this layout that I needed to keep the embellishments to a minimum. I added two of the three Dotz: the green one with a flamingo, ad the yellow one that says ‘summer vibes’.



I painted the paper flowers using the two green paints from the Color Kitz. I began by spraying three of the with Frogget Me Not Vibez. The other three are painted with Green Olive Shimmerz. I also added some Green Olive Shimmerz details to the Frogget Me Not flowers too. The paper flowers took the paint so well. I added these either side of my photos. I also added a paper cocktail umbrella which I also painted with Green Olive so that it matched my layout!

I finished off with a few Spiegelmom Scraps sequins and some label stickers around my photos. Here's another look at the finished layout:



Thank you so much for joining me today and I hope you have enjoyed this crazy layout! Happy scrapping everyone. Don't forget if you place an order via the Shimmerz Store, add my name to the comments to receive a freebie! Enjoy the video below.

Niki xx

@nikiclairecreates




No comments: