Thursday, December 10, 2020

Creating a Mixed Media Background with Daisie Scraps

 Hi everyone!  Today I am sharing how I like to create my own pattern paper using Shimmerz Paints.  

Products Used:

First I used the black and gray mists to create my plaid background.  It was super simple to do.  I just dipped a paint brush directly into the bottle and used a ruler to paint on straight lines.  This was a super simple process!  Plaid is the easiest design to create because it's only lines.  
 
Then I embellished my cut files.  I used the wreath cut file from the December Color Kitz and cut it on green cardstock.  I then used Shimmerz Celery and Inklingz Green Goddess to create depth in my wreath.  This really upgraded the cut file pieces and made my wreath really shine.  

 
Next I used the pieces to create a wreath on my page.  I glued all the pieces down alternating the light and dark shades in the branches.  I embellished the wreath with some glitter stars and some red circles to represent ornaments.  I added a title and some ribbon to finish everything off!
 

Check out the process video for a more in depth look at my process!  Let me know if you have any questions about any of the techniques I used.  Don't forget to add my name ( Daisie) to the comments of your next purchase for a fun little freebie to be included with your order!
Thanks for visiting!  Have a crafty day!
Daisie

No comments: