Monday, October 19, 2020

Remember the Now

 Hi everyone! Melissa here with a new design team post for the amazing Shimmerz Paints! I love their 

rich textures and colors!






 To make this card I used Capri paper from Prima, glued on top of a card made from watercolor paper. The image is from Tim Holtz paper dolls. A lot of the elements are layered in with small pieces of corrugated cardboard and double sided foam tape.

I picked out Reneabouquets Beautiful Board,figured out where it would go on the page, and prepped it with white gesso.I painted them with Dear John LetterGreener PasturesPink A Boo, and Penny 4 Your Thoughts Inklingz. I layered on a thick coat of Clear Rock Candy Crackle. 

I painted the background with the same colors.




To add visual interest I glued on micro beads, seed beads, gold leaf,swarovski crystals,glass shard glitter,glass beads,pearls,iridescent wrapping paper,tulle,pressed flowers and leaves,feathers left by birds at the bird bath outside,shells,fussy cut images from Prima and Graphic 45,flowers from Reneabouquets and Prima, metal from Tim Holtz and Vintaj, and bling and metal from my stash.I rubbed and flicked on gold and silver  mica powder.



Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!



No comments: