Wednesday, October 21, 2020

I got this feelin’ inside my bones autumn is here with Emilie Chamel

 


Hey friends! Emilie here today for a very special project as part of the Shimmerz Design Team. I am using the stunning October 2020 Color Kitz. which contains:



  • Marigold Shimmerz
  • Taupe of The Mornin' Vibez
  • Plum Pudding Spritz
  • *NEW EXCLUSIVE COLOR* Love Ocean #9 Vibez
  • 4 Leaf Clover Spritz
  • 1 exclusive "I Got This Feelin'" cut file created by Shimmerz Paints 
  • 1 set of "Happy Hauntingz" Dotz
  • 1 package of Vibrant Pom Pomz




Are you also humming the Justin Timberlake song right now? Every time I look at this cut file I just can't help myself. I think it is a super cute cut-file and I wanted to use it in a non-Halloween way as I haven't yet accumulated enough photos of Sophia over the years in an array of costumes. I felt that the colours which are part of the October kit would work perfectly with an Autumn themed layout, and I have plenty of photographs for that!




I started off by adding colours to my white cardstock using the packaging technique as well as a lot of flickers. I then coloured the cut-file (from which I had removed the skeleton) with the Marigold Shimmerz paint. Once dried I glued it directly on my background and coloured inside the letters (on the background) with the Plum Pudding spritz. I simply sprayed some colour in a painting dish and used it as I would use watercolour. Once dried I added a few fine doodles in the centre of the letters and on the cut-file with a black pen.





I played with layering lots and lots of ephemeras in autumnal colours and added to the cut-file title to make it work with my photograph. Last but not least I filled inside the letters with glossy accent to make the colour pop even more and make my title more "solid" in the midst of all the mixed media.




I love how flexible this cut-file is! So easy to still use even without Halloween photos!






Make sure you grab this gorgeous, October kit from the Shimmerz shop before they are gone and add my name "Emilie" in the comment section for a free surprise gift! See you soon!





Emilie

No comments: