Wednesday, October 7, 2020

October Color Kitz | Brianna Lepper

 Hey friends!  Brianna Lepper here today with a new layout featuring the gorgeous October 2020 Color Kitz!!  This kit speaks spooky Halloween and I am loving it.  Here's what you get in the kitz!

Marigold Shimmerz
Taupe of The Mornin' Vibez
Plum Pudding Spritz
*NEW EXCLUSIVE COLOR* Love Ocean #9 Vibez
4 Leaf Clover Spritz
1 exclusive "I Got This Feelin'" cut file created by Shimmerz Paints 
1 set of "Happy Hauntingz" Dotz
1 package of Vibrant Pom Pomz



Here's my layout, I love how it turned out!



To start, I cut the exclusive cut file from the kit out on some white textured cardstock on my Silhouette Cameo.  I made sure to offset the letters in the cut file separately so that backing my cut file would be a lot easier since I planned on using the colors from the kit to paint each letter.  Once everything was cut, I started applying the colors on and let it dry overnight.  



Next, I got to work on my background.  I prepped a piece of thick white cardstock with clear gesso and applied all of the colors from the kit.  I LOVE the new exclusive color, Love Ocean #9!  So beautiful and the rest of the colors go so well with it.  I added splatters using Taupe of the Mornin' to finish off my background.  



I set my background aside to dry and got to work on backing the cut file with my painted letters.  I added a bit more color to each one giving them a bit more depth and to make the colors a little richer.  I popped the whole thing up on foam adhesive and adhered it to my background.  Then I got to embellishing!  The Sweet and Spooky collection from Bella Blvd matched perfectly with this color kit!!  The colors, the skeletons.. everything!  



I added one of the Pom Pomz to my photo layers and added another one to one of the embellishment clusters.  They look so cute!! 


Next, I placed the Happy Hauntingz Dotz around my page and added some tangled thread under each one.  


Another up close shot of the Dotz and all of the pretty colors!



That wraps up my layout!! I hope that I've inspired you in some way today!  If you haven't had a chance to pick up the October Kitz yet, you can purchase it here.  They sold out during the first round and have restocked, so grab it while you can!  Don't forget to add my name to the notes/comments section of your next order and you'll receive a free gift.  See you in my next post!

Watch the process video here.  



No comments: