Thursday, October 22, 2020

Fall Flowers Mixed Media Scrapbook Layout | Daisie Scraps

  Hi everyone!  I love to use flowers, no matter what season we are in.  So when I saw the Stella Layered Flower cut file I knew I wanted to do a fall layout with it. 
Product Used:
 
 

  I started by cutting the flowers (I only used the 6 and 7 petal layers, not the rolled flower center).  I cut these in 4 sizes so that they would layer and nestle together perfectly.  I used some thick white cardstock and did not gesso my paper.  Once the flowers were cut, I used a lot of paints and colored them in.  I wanted to layer them darkest to lightest so I pulled colors that work together.  I left my paper right on the cutting mat to do this so that it was less messy for my fingers.  Then I set it off to the side to dry.

While the flowers dried, I put together the rest of my layout.  I used a sketch (seen in video) and Crate Paper pattern papers to add to my deisgn.  The colors of paints I used were a perfect match for the new Crate Paper Marigold collection.  Once the flowers dried, I built my flowers by layering them with the largest on the bottom.  Each flower got a SpiegelMom Scraps sequin center.  Then I added them to my layout.


 

Finally, I added some embellishments and a Shimmerz Dotz. I also finished the layout by splattering 4 of the paint colors I used for the flowers onto the background.  

Go check out my YouTube video for this layout to see it all come together!  Don't forget to add my name "Daisie" to the comments on your next purchase for a special freebie!  

 

Thanks for visiting!  Have a crafty day!

Daisie



No comments: