Thursday, October 1, 2020

The October Color Kitz Collection | Samantha Robles

 Hi everyone! It's finally October, which I think is the best month of the year. The changing colors, cooler weather, Halloween! I'm all about the skulls and spooky things. Which is why The Shimmerz Paints October Color Kitz Collection is by far my FAVE of this year. I've had this photo of my son saved for years now. He's dressed up on his first Halloween as a tiny skeleton. The cutest one I've ever seen. The perfect brew for this month's kit!

I started my process by cutting the exclusive cut file available in the kit. I'd like to think it's Justin Timberlake approved (wink wink). I then back my cut file with a sheet of "Night Sky" by Carta Bella. After that, I then stencil on some Shimmerz Paints Foilz in "Silver Dollar" with my Paige Evans Stars Stencil. I wanted a spooky night's sky to go with my moon.

I started my moon soon after by cutting a circle out and using clear gesso all over. Once my gesso is dried, I take some cheap makeup sponges (such as THESE) and smudge in my:
  • Taupe of the Mornin' Spritz
  • Marigold Shimmerz + a small touch of Bumbly Bee Shimmerz
  • Plum Pudding Spritz


Let that sit for about 20 minutes or so. While my moon is rising (Haha, get it ;) ) I then cut out four of the new Layered Bats Cut File and begin to spray them with all the sprays in the kit. Including the new exclusive Vibez shade: Love Potion #9.
Once all my pieces are dry, it's time to glue and add the adorable exclusive Dotz to add the finishing touch. So boo-tiful and spook-tacular for the season!

Thanks so much for stopping by. Don't forget, we only have limited supplies of each Kit. Make sure you grab them while you can. While you're at it, treat yourself to some other Halloween faves in the Shimmerz Shop. We have tons of new cut files, embellishments and our new product, Foilz.

Have a wonderful weekend!


No comments: