Wednesday, September 16, 2020

The Little Things

 Hi everyone! Melissa here with a new design team post for the amazing Shimmerzpaints! I love their rich texture and colors! 


 Photo credit: Krishha at Unsplash.



To make this page I put the layers under the photo together first,including taping water color paper under the image to make it stronger and lie flat. Below that is a mat of watercolor paper, and at the bottom is corrugated cardboard. I tore off most the paper from the surface of the cardboard, and painted it with white gesso. I put two or three layers of cardboard between each of the layers to add dimension, and taped it to the background paper with double sided foam tape.

I put the layers with the photo on top of watercolor paper. then applied Prima Platinum texture paste with a small piece of a credit card,a Prima stencil.


I picked out Reneabouquets Beautiful Board,figured out where it would go on the page, took it off, and prepped it with white gesso. 

I painted the mat with Honeymoon,Steely Blue Eyes,  and Hot Stuff Inklingz .The corrugated and background paper has a lot of different colors.




To add visual interest I glued on mica powder,micro beads, seed beads,green wire, gold leaf,swarovski crystals,glass shard glitter,glass beads,pearls,tulle,pressed flowers and leaves,lichen,feathers left to my birds at the bird bath outside,fussy cut images from Prima and Graphic 45,flowers from Reneabouquets and metal from Reneabouquets, Vintaj, and bling and metal from my stash.  A lot of the textural elements are from Reneabouquets,including the printed Beautiful Board.








I used a lot of colors, with a lot of water. I put water on the page with a brush, a few inches of page, then added color. I had all the colors on a ceramic plate. Once on the page, I added more water till I felt it blended ok. Once it dried, if I thought the edges were too hard I added more water to blend the lines. I also dabbed off excess color and water with a tissue. That was fun for me, these are colors I love, and the paint is so awesome to work with.






Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!







No comments: