Thursday, September 17, 2020

Dad & Me | Mixed Media Layout using the September Color Kitz

Hello there, Shimmerz Crew!

How have y'all been? Lorimar here sharing this delicate layout made using the September Color Kitz. I've managed to use all the elements that you find in the Color Kitz and some minimal items from my stash. Remember, you can always receive some free paint by typing "LORIMAR" in the comments sections of your next Shimmerz order.


Let's jump into it! I first cut out the gorgeous Stella Bella cutfile on some beige cardstock (I had run out of white cardstock so I chose the next lightest one) and in two different sizes. I didn't use the cutfile with all its pieces because I wanted to use only the petals for the design I had in mind. For the larger flower, I used Butter Cream, Blue Jeans and Magenta to color the petals; for the smaller ones, I used Iris My Case and Magenta. As I waited for my flowers to dry, I sprayed my base (Bazzill cardstock in Tutu Pink) with Blue Jeans in a sort of hourglass shape horizontally across it.

Once everything was dry, assembly and finishing of the layout was a breeze! I began to work on the larger flowers on the left hand side. The petal layers for all of my flowers have been offset to create a fuller look, and each of the petals have been folded up a bit for some added dimension. My picture was matted on some patterned papers from my stash; I pinned some of the clothespins around the picture to give off the illusion of them holding the patterned papers together. The smaller flowers on the right hand side of the layout were then made, and their centers are Dotz from the same Color Kitz instead of the rolled flower centers from the cutfile. Before adding everything in, I splattered a bit of Magenta, Butter Cream, and Iris My Case unto my base for some more colors. Added in the title and some white foam thickers which I covered in a coat of Ice Sage to give them that metallic look. Finally, finish off my layout, I splattered Ice Sage all over my base.

That's it! Super simple and super gorgeous outcome.
Thank you so much for joining me today!

Stay safe, stay inspired,
- Lorimar 








 

No comments: