Wednesday, September 16, 2020

September Color Kitz | Brianna Lepper

 Hey friends!   Brianna Lepper here today with a new layout featuring the gorgeous September 2020 Color Kitz! For $27.95 + shipping, here's what you get in this months kit!


Blue Jeans Vibez
Magenta Shimmerz
Iris My Case Shimmerz
*NEW EXCLUSIVE COLOR* Ice Sage Inklingz
*COMEBACK COLOR* Butter Cream Shimmerz
1 exclusive Stella Layered Flower Design cut file created by Shimmerz Paints 
1 set of "My Happy Place" Dotz
1 package of Mini Rustic Crafting Clothes Pins



I LOVE this kit and I am so happy with how my layout turned out!





To start, I cut the amazing Stella Flower cut file out on some white textured cardstock.  I cut each floral layer a few times to make sure I had enough pieces for multiple flowers.  After they were all cut, I ruffled up each petal piece, staggered the layers and adhered the pieces together.  (For the assembly process, check out my process video below).  Once they were all put together, I started painting them using the colors in the kit.  




I let the flowers dry overnight and the next day, I went back in and fluffed the petals back to how they were originally.  I wanted each flower to have a bit more interest, so I took my white gel pen and added some loosely drawn borders around them.  I love how it turned out!




Each flower has so much dimension and they're all different.  This cut file is so versatile and can be used in so many different ways.  You can use all of the layers, you can change the sizes, you can make them as simple or as complex as you'd like.  




For my background, I used Blue Jeans Vibez, Iris My Case Shimmerz and Buttercream Shimmerz.  I wanted some paint in the background, but not too much and the Buttercream was perfect for it!  I arranged my floral pieces around the page to create somewhat of a moon like shape.  I knew I wanted my photo to nestle right in the flowers and love how the design ended up.  I added the Dotz from the kit around the page, keeping in mind the color placement with the flowers.  




Here's another up close shot of the beautiful flowers as well as the vibrant colors in this kit!




For the most part, I kept the embellishing fairly simple and minimal.  I really wanted the painted Stella flowers to be the main embellishments on my page.  



I hope y'all like my layout and hope that you will check out my process video below.  Don't forget to place my name in the notes/comments section of your next order and you'll receive a free gift.  Thanks so much for stopping by and we will see you in my next post!





No comments: