Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Shimmerz Paints Design Team Page, "Moment",by Melissa Larson

 Hi everyone! Melissa here with a new design team post for the amazing Shimmerzpaints! I love their rich texture and colors! 


 Photo credit: Davids Kokainis at Unsplash.






To make this page I put the layers under the photo together first,including taping water color paper under the image to make it stronger and lie flat. Below that is a mat of watercolor paper, and at the bottom is corrugated cardboard. I tore off most the paper from the surface of the cardboard, and painted it with white gesso. I put two or three layers of cardboard between each of the layers to add dimension, and taped it to the background paper with double sided foam tape.

 I applied Prima Platinum texture paste to Blue Fern's Jane Austen paper, with a small piece of a credit card, and a Tim Holtz stencil.

I picked out Reneabouquets Beautiful Board,figured out where it would go on the page, took it off, and prepped it with white gesso.I painted most of them with a mix of A Rose(By Any Other Name) and Honeymoon Inklingz. I layered on a thick coat of Clear Rock Candy Crackle. The Love word under the tulle is Dear John Letter Inklingz, with crackle on top.  The green leaf chipboard at the bottom is a mix of Green Olive Shimmerz, and Penny 4 Your Thoughts Inklingz. I put a layer of crackle on top on these too.

I painted the mat with Penny 4 Your Thoughts and I Love You Onyxly Inklingz. The green is Green Olive Shimmerz. The corrugated is Honeymoon, I Love You Onyxly, and Penny 4 Your Thoughts Inklingz. The background is Precious Metal Shimmerz on the left and right sides, and Penny 4 Your Thoughts on the bottom. You can't really see the Precious Metal on the left because I put black tulle over it, I wanted it to be darker there to balance the photo,and the tulle added some nice texture. I put some First Blush Inklingz at the top of the page.
The metal spoon by the left of the photo has a little 24 Karat Shimmerz Paint Foilz on it, it's a nice thick iridescent modeling paste I use to highlight texture with. 





To add visual interest I glued on micro beads, seed beads, gold leaf,swarovski crystals,glass shard glitter,glass beads,pearls,iridescent wrapping paper,tulle,pressed flowers and leaves,feathers left by birds at the bird bath outside,fussy cut images from Prima,flowers from Reneabouquets and Prima, metal from Reneabouquets, and bling and metal from my stash.I rubbed and flicked on gold and silver  mica powder.

 A lot of the textural elements are from Reneabouquets,including the printed Beautiful Board and plain Beautiful Board. 















No comments: