Friday, September 18, 2020

Lovely | September Color Kitz | Niki Rowland

 

 
 

Hey everyone, this is Niki (@Nikiclairecreates) and I have a new layout and video to share today using the beautiful September Color Kitz which contains:

Blue Jeans Vibez

Buttercream Shimmerz

Magenta Shimmerz

Iris My Case Shimmerz

Ice Sage Inklingz - which is a new exclusive colour.

Also in the September Color Kitz is a set of three Dotz with super cute designs, and some cute wooden clothes pegs.

As well as all that, there is an exclusive cut file. This month it's the 'Stella Flower' which is a beautiful layered flower.


 

I cut the Stella Flower quite small, five times out of a piece of Marshmallow cardstock. While the flowers and all their layers were all still stuck to my cutting mat, I painted them using three of the September Color Kitz colours: Blue Jeans Vibez, Magenta Shimmerz and Iris My Case Shimmerz. I painted directly from the pots/bottle and just used a paintbrush. I also added splatters. Once dry I carefully peeled all the layers from the cutting mat and started to assemble the flowers. I pinched the petals to give them dimension and then stuck all the layers together with a hot glue gun. The Stella Flower also comes with a rolled flower centre so I rolled those up and stuck them in the middle. The flowers are absolutely stunning.

 

 

I created the background for my layout using a mixture of the other two colours from the September Color Kitz: Buttercream Shimmerz and Ice Sage Inklingz. I applied them to my white cardstock background using the packaging technique and the added splatters.

 

I built my layout using a few small pieces of patterned paper that I cut into heart shapes. I layered the Stella Flowers around my photo and added three of the little wooden clothespegs to the side of my photo. I painted these with the Ice Sage Inklingz.

I added two of the gorgeous Dotz and a few other embellishments. I added some acrylic hearts and some sequins.

Here's another look at the finished layout:

 
 

Thank you so much for joining me today, I hope you have enjoyed this layout and don't forget that if you place an order with the Shimmerz Store, then put my name in the comments to receive a freebie. Enjoy the process video below too x

Happy scrapping

Niki xx 
@nikiclairecreates   


 


 

No comments: