Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Little Dude | 12x12 Baby-Themed Mixed Media Layout

Hello everyone!

Lorimar here sharing a baby-themed layout. I didn't have the perfect background to go with my pictures and embellishments so I made my own! Just a brief reminder, you can get a freebie in your next Shimmerz order by typing "LORIMAR" in the comments sections.
Here we go! I began with non-gessoed, white textured cardstock as my base. I went to town spraying Glorious Day, Mustard Seed, and Chick-A-Dee to create a yellow cloud; after waiting for it to dry, I layered a 12x12 star stencil on top and sprayed Jenni B Bleu, and added some extra splatters of Jenni B Bleu and Glorious Day all around the layout. For some texture, I added some clusters of stars by using a  Paige Evans star stencil and white modeling paste. Finally, I colored 3 white doilies with Granny Gray to further tie in my layout with the embellishments.
Once everything was dry, I arranged my pictures in a bit of a cluster in the center, popped them up on craft foam, and added my doilies underneath 3 of the larger photos. Then I placed my title and added in a couple of baby-themed embellishments. Finally, splattered a bit more of Jenni B Blue and called it done!

I love how this layout turned out, and I hope I've inspired you to create your own background! Close-ups are down below!

Stay safe,
Lorimar




 

1 comment:

Sharon said...

This is darling. I might even get brave enough to try it for my grandson’s photos.