Saturday, August 15, 2020

Ocean View | August 2020 Color Kitz | Niki Rowland

 

Hey everyone, this is Niki here today with a new layout and process video using the August Color Kitz. You can find the Kitz on the Shimmerz website here. You can find the process video at the end of this blog post.

The colours in the August Kitz are: Trippin in the Tropics Creameez, Glorious Day Vibez, Bamboo Leaf Spritz, Pop Art Pink Vibez and my new favourite colour which is exclusive to the August Kitz: Slow Ocean Shimmerz.

The August Color Kitz also includes a set of three Dotz and a sequin mix by Spiegelmom Scraps called Melon Ball. There is also an exclusive cut file which I have used for my layout today.

 
 
 

I cut the cut file in white card. I backed the waves with blue patterned paper. I then attached the cut file to a white background and then I started painting. I painted the dolphin in Slow Ocean Shimmerz. I then created an ombre background within the circle. I started off with the darkest pink/red colour Trippin in the Tropics. I then made that paint a bit lighter by adding more water and faded it up. I then moved onto Pop Art Pink which is a bit lighter. Then I painted the top in yellow Glorious Day. I blended the colours together with water so that they faded into each other. Once it was dry I added splatters and also painted the dolphin with a second coat of Slow Ocean.



I added my photo along with several layers and pieces of ephemera and fussy cut pieces. I then encrusted the top of the waves with the Spiegelmom Scraps sequins. I also added one of the cute Dotz, the pink one with a dolphin on and finished off with some fussy cut clouds.

 

 
 Here's another look at the finished layout:
 
 

Thank you so much for joining me today. Don't forget that if you place an order via the Shimmerz Store, enter my name in the comments to receive a freebie - happy days! Enjoy the process video below

Happy scrapping

Niki xx 
@nikiclairecreates  


No comments: