Friday, August 14, 2020

Stars Adorn The Sky


 Hi everyone! Melissa here with a new design team post for the amazing Shimmerzpaints! I love their                                                 rich texture and colors! Photo credit: Unsplash






To make this page I put the layers under the photo together first,including taping water color paper under the image to make it stronger and lie flat. Below that is a mat of watercolor paper, and at the bottom is corrugated cardboard. I tore off most the paper from the surface of the cardboard, and painted it with white gesso.While the gesso was wet, I poured on Ultra Thick Embossing Powder, and melted it with a heat tool. I put layers of cardboard between each of the layers to add dimension, and taped it to the background paper,using double sided foam tape.

I coated Prima Moon Child paper with clear gesso, put the layers with the photo on, then applied texture paste with a Prima stencil and a small piece of an old credit card. 

I picked out Reneabouquets Beautiful Board,figured out where it would go on the page, took it off, and prepped it with white gesso. 

I painted the mat,and corrugated with Pink-A- Boo Inklingz and Pixie Dust Blingz.The purple to the right of the photo layers is Imperial Amethyst Inklingz, one of my all time favorite colors.  Near the Amethyst is Blue My Mind Greener Pastures, and Dear John Letter  Inklingz.To the left of the photo is the Amethyst, and Dear John paints. I brushed on Penny 4 Your Thoughts around the edges of the mat and corrugated. I outlined a few areas with a black ink pen.




I spread Citrine Mica Powder by Pearlex pretty much all over the page, using a brush, my finger to rub it on, and also flicking it on.

To add visual interest I added micro beads, seed beads,swarovski crystals,glass shard glitter,glass beads,pearls,sequins,pressed flowers, leaves,lichen,flowers from Reneabouquets and Prima, metal from Reneabouquets, and bling and metal from my stash.  A lot of the textural elements are from Reneabouquets,including the printed Beautiful Board, and paper fairy.





Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!


 

1 comment:

Ann Marie Governale said...

always a pleasure to look at these images of your work! Have a great day!