Thursday, August 20, 2020

Fall Leaves Mixed Media Layout - Daisie Scraps

 Hi everyone!  Daisie here sharing my first Shimmerz DT layout!  I'm so excited to be here!  I decided that with fall just around the corner it's time to start getting into the fall scrapping mood.  I pulled out 2 cute 4x6 photos of my youngest and a friend playing in the leaves and used that as my starting inspiration.  

 

Here is a list of the Shimmerz products I used for this layout:

I started with a piece of white cardstock.  I thought I was going to paint my leaves directly onto the background of my paper so I mapped out my original design idea and started creating my leaves.  To do this I used an embossing stylet to "draw" my leaves out.  The stylet creates a raised edge on the opposite side of the paper which is perfect for filling in with paints without worrying too much about going outside the lines.  I "drew"  all of the leaves I thought I was going to use and then started painting.  

I used quite a few different Shimmerz products to get the colors and effects that I was aiming for (see product list for all of the colors used!).  I wanted to have some of the leaves look like they were turning so I mixed some of the light green shades with browns and deeper teals.  I realized that I didn't have any orange colors and decided to use the purples and deeper pink colors.  It worked out perfectly!  

I quickly abandoned my original layout plan and decided to cut out the leaves I had created.  I then stitched down the center of each using gold thread.  I pulled out some kraft cardstock for my background because it went great with the color of my leaves.  Then I started playing!  I sprinkled Gold-N-Roses and Pink Moscato all over the background in a diagonal.  I pulled out some scrap pieces of paper and fussy cut out some butterflies and some phrases.  The butterflies I jazzed up using the Foilz in Mother of Pearl.  It adds all of the shimmer with no color.  It's perfect to add that special sparkle to any plain embellishment.  After that I just kept embellishing around my leaves.  They really put you in the fall state of mind! 

 

Don't forget to add my name (Daisie) to the comments on your next purchase for a fun mini freebie.  Please check out my video to see the complete process!

 

I had a lot of fun creating this layout!  I hope you enjoy it!  I can't wait to see everyone's favorite colors to use for fall!  Thanks for stopping by!

Daisie
@daisiescraps


No comments: