Tuesday, August 11, 2020

August Color Kitz - Brianna Lepper

Hey friends!  Brianna Lepper here today sharing my newest layout using the gorgeous August Color Kitz! Here's what comes in the kitz this month! 

Pop Art Pink Vibez
Bamboo Leaf Spritz
Trippin' in The Tropics Creameez
*NEW EXCLUSIVE COLOR* Slow Ocean Shimmerz
Glorious Day Vibez
1 exclusive Splish Splash Dolphin cut file created by Shimmerz Paints 
1 set of "Summer Splash" Dotz
1 package of Melon Ball Sequins from "Spiegelmom Scraps"


Here's my layout, I had such a great time creating it!


First, I cut the Splish Splash Dolphin cut file from the kit out on white textured cardstock.  While still in Silhouette Software, I offset the inner pieces to make it easier for me to back the cut file since I was going to paint them.  For my title, I chose the Summer Lovin' cut file, which is exclusive and available in the Shimmerz shop!  I did the same thing with this cut file as I did for the dolphin one, making sure to offset the inner letter pieces.  Such a huge timesaver when backing cut files!  Once everything was cut, I started applying the colors from the kit onto the letters making sure to create an ombre look to them.  


Here's another shot of the letters and one of the Dotz up close from the kit: 



Once all of the letters were painted, I got to work on the waves and the dolphin.  I used the new color, Slow Ocean Shimmerz from the kit for the waves and mixed in a few blues from my stash.  I pulled Sapphire Spritz and In Deep Coloringz.  For the dolphin, I used Granny Gray Spritz.  As soon as the pieces were all dry, I backed the cut file and absolutely love how it turned out!


Next, I got to work on creating a sequin shaker using the dolphin cut file.  We get another pack of SpiegelMom Scraps sequins this month and the Melon Ball mix matches the kit colors so well!


Now that my cut filez were backed and my sequin shaker complete, the background was next.  I added clear gesso to a piece of thick white cardstock and applied Glorious Day Vibez, Pop Art Pink Vibez and Slow Ocean Shimmerz.  I kept it pretty simple only adding a few sprays of water to get the colors moving and blended.  


Next, I adhered the Dotz around my page and added some tangled thread under each one.  I added a few embellishments around the page but for the most part, I kept it pretty simple.  My page was already busy with all of the other elements.  


Thanks so much for stopping by! I LOVE this kit and can't wait to see what y'all create with it! The colors are beautiful and so perfect to document your Summer adventures with!  Don't forget to add my name to the notes/comments section of your next order and you'll receive a free gift. Check out my process video below!


 



No comments: