Friday, August 7, 2020

Here We Go | Red, White and Blue Mixed Media Layout | Lorimar

Hello Shimmerz Friends!

Lori here, sharing this red, white, and blue, star-filled layout with you today. It was a fairly quick and easy one so I hope you'll be encouraged to play along. Remember, you can always get a Shimmerz Freebie in your next Shimmerz order by typing "LORIMAR" in the comments section.

I began by selecting a bold background (thick black and white stripes) as my base. Sprayed it with Bed of Roses, Gold "n" Roses, and Mango Tango to get those gorgeous pops of color; set the base aside to dry. The stunning blue stars were leftovers (negatives) from a cutfile that I had previously used by COAPA Cutfiles (Wonky Stars) which were jazzed up by spraying them with Heidi Ho Blue, Jenni Be Bleu, Oh Say Can You See, and In Deep. 

As my base and stars were drying, I began to select the paper layers that I was going to use beneath my photos and the other embellishments that would be used to complete my layout. Once everything was dry, I began assembling the layout. Added a strip of blue patterned paper in the center to serve as a "holder" for the pictures, placed my pictures on 3 layers of patterned paper and popped them up using craft foam. Then I can began scattering my stars (some popped on craft foam for added dimension), mixed in some red and blue sequins (Fire Cracker by Spiegel Mom Scraps), and added in a couple of  Nuvo Drops. I bundled a bit of navy thread to really pull that dark blue tone into the layout and simply wrote the date (as my journaling) with a white gel pen.

Thanks for sticking around and take care!

- Lorimar














No comments: