Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Miracles Happen When You Believe


Hi everyone! Melissa here with a new design team post for the amazing Shimmerzpaints! I love the rich texture of these delightful colors!






To make this page I put the layers under the photo together first,including taping water color paper under the image to make it stronger, and lie flat. Below that is a mat of watercolor paper, and at the bottom is corrugated cardboard. I tore off most the paper from the surface of the cardboard, and painted it with white gesso. I put layers of cardboard between each of the layers to add dimension, and taped it to the background paper. I used double sided foam tape.

I coated 49 and Market paper with clear gesso, put the layers with the photo on, then applied texture paste with a Prima stencil and an old credit card. 

I picked out Reneabouquets Beautiful Board,figured out where it would go on the page, took it off, and prepped it with white gesso. I painted both of the flourishes with Angels Kiss Inklingz. The flourish on the left is plain, the one on the right I also painted with Me & Blue Inklingz,and sprinkled on Ultra Thick Embossing Powder. I dried it right away with a heat tool, til the powder just melted. I topped a lot of it with a thick layer of Clear Rock Candy Crackle. There are some chipboard leaves at the flower clusters at the bottom right and left. I painted them all with first Green Olive Shimmerz, then dropped into the wet paint a drop of Penny 4 Your Thoughts. I topped them with Clear Rock Candy, after letting the paint air dry.

I painted the mat,corrugated,and background paper, with Hi Ho Silver, but mostly Precious Metal Shimmmerz, for the first layer. On the top of the texture paste is Angels Kiss. I used several colors of blue around the page, Peacock"s Plume Shimmerz for the edges of the corrugated, and then basically Oakie Bear Blue and Blue My Mind Inklingz for the rest. I mixed in and added later Steely Blue Eyes  Inklingz. All the brown at the bottom is Penny 4 Your Thoughts Inklingz.




I spread Citrine Mica Powder by Pearlex on a few areas around the page,including the key on the right,with my finger.

To add visual interest I added micro beads, seed beads,swarovski crystals,glass shard glitter,glass beads,pearls,sequins,glass pebbles painted on the bottom with clear gesso ,then Precious Metal Shimmerz, flowers from Reneabouquets and Prima, metal from Reneabouquets,Vintaj, and bling and metal from my stash.  A lot of the textural elements are from Reneabouquets,including the printed Beautiful Board. There are some fussy cut pieces from Graphic 45 papers. I used glossy accents to glue on the items.











Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!





No comments: