Friday, June 5, 2020

Sweet Summer June Color Kitz || Natalie Dill


Hi friends! Natalie here with the June 2020 Color Kitz. These Kitz are so full of summer fun & a great value with tons of product!

For $29.95 you receive
  • Boogie Boardin' Blue Creameez
  • Sunset Strip Vibez
  • Sunkissed Inklingz
  • Pool Me Close Shimmerz
  • Pretty in Pink Coloringz
  • Orange Sherbet Shimmerz
  • 1 exclusive Sunkissed Flower cut file created by Shimmerz Paints
  • 1 wavy textured stencil
  • 1 set of "Summer Vibez" Dotz
  • 1 package of Minty Meadow Sequins from "Spiegelmom Scraps"
So much goodness!

For my layout, I decided to feature all the colors at once, a grid design would work best. I grabbed three photos of my son and sectioned my gessoed paper into 6 parts.


I used the awesome wave stencil from the kit to fill a couple of the squares. I then swirled the Boogie Boardin' Blue Creemez over the dried sand texture paste.


That Orange Sherbert Shimmerz is delicious! I mixed it with a tiny bit of  water on my stamping block to apply the color to the page. I like to use the stamping block to create a packaging technique when I need maximum control.

I added the color to each quadrant with the stamping block. I then added splatters oft he corresponding color to the color square.


For the monstera leaves, I gessoed my paper, cut them with my Cricut and used Don't Citron Me and Palm Reader to color them. These colors aren't included with this kit, but it's always good to have a stash for additional needs. In this case, I NEEDED monstera leaves!


I added black journaling under the title, so black splatters completed the page by adding a pop. 


You can also watch a process video on my YouTube channel f you want to see how the full layout came together.


I placed all three of the Kit's Dotz on my layout, and I used a visual triangle to place them with the yellow sun at the top of the page. The Speigel Mom Scraps Minty Meadows sequins are the perfect ending touch to top the sparkle off your page!


Make sure to grab this HOT summer kit before it's sold out! 
You can get yours in the Shimmerz Shop.


xoxo, Natalie


No comments: