Saturday, June 20, 2020

Love This | Jen McMurtrey

Hey Shimmerz friends!

It's Jen today with a colorful project documenting my love for flowers using the exclusive Shimmerz June cut file.

I love using cut files on my projects and this month's floral design is beautiful. Using white cardstock as my base, I first cut the design before spritzing the following colors on the paper before removing it from the cutting mat.



While the paints were drying, the paper began curling and lifting from the cutting mat. I had intended to only use the flower but loved the negative cuts so much that I glued them down as well.


After gluing the pieces in place, I splattered more of the same Shimmerz colors on the flower and white cardstock.

Using patterned papers, die cuts, and sticker from Simple Stories' I Am collection, I began embellishing the layout.


Next, I pulled some gold Thickers and enamel dots from my stash.


My last step was to type my journaling with a manual typewriter and adhering it to the layout.


I love how the cut file turned out with the Shimmerz Paints - it is lovely.

Thank you so much for stopping by today!! When shopping the Shimmerz Store, remember to type JENNIFER in the comments at checkout to receive a freebie with your order!!


Have a great day!

No comments: