Friday, June 19, 2020

Everyday is a Random Adventure | Hand Cut Letters | Niki Rowland



Hey everyone, this is Niki (@nikiclairecreates) here with you today and I have a new layout and video for you. I'm using several colours of blue to create background that I could then cut hand-cut letters from.





I started by taking a piece of smooth Marshmallow cardstock and then I painted my colours in wide strips onto the cardstock. I started with Jeni B Blue Vibez, followed by Frost Bite Vibez and Deep Blue Sea Vibez. For the deepest blue I used SteelyBlue Eyes Inklingz

For all the Vibez, I simply dipped my paintbrush into the bottle and painted directly that way. For the Inklingz, I added a small amount of water to the pot and let it sit for a few minutes so that it made a lovely rich, intense paint and then I used my paintbrush to paint it on.
I then added splatters in the same colours over each of the stripes and let it dry.


Once my cardstock was dry I cut it into 2" wide strips and then cut each strip into 2" squares. I then cut my letters from each square just using scissors. I outlined each letter with a black fineliner pen.
I have used Cocoa Vanilla Studio for this layout and added a title and embellishments from that collection.
 

Here is another look at the finished layout:


Thanks so much for joining me today and I hope you have enjoyed this layout. The process video can be viewed below. 
Don't forget that if you place an order via the Shimmerz Store, then enter my name in the comments to receive a freebie

Happy scrapping
Niki xx









No comments: