Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Jolly Good Cheer | Christmas Layout with process video

Hello everyone!

Thank you so much for joining me today for another colorful, Christmassy layout. From start to finish, this layout took me about 3 hours to complete, but most of it was spent backing the cutfile and waiting for the base to dry. In terms of patterned paper and embellishments, I paired Simple Stories Holly Jolly and Say Cheese Christmas collections; and the cutfile is called Santa Hats background by Virginia Walker (I'll leave the links to her shop and cutfile at the end of this post). You'll find the link to the process video there as well.



I first began my layout by backing the cutfile. I cut it out on white cardstock, and used the text paper from Say Cheese Christmas collection to place a Christmas-themed word on the border of the Santa hats. Various papers were used to back the actual hats. For some texture, I used Dazzlerz Puttin' On The Glitz and Paige Evan's star stencil on some light blue cardstock; this was used to back the little balls at the end of the Santa Hats.


For my base, I used a Vicki Boutin Foundations papers, Shimmerz Mists and white acrylic paint. Sprayed some water onto the paper to give the mists some extra wiggle and blending space, and sprayed Cotton Candy, Jeni B Blue, and Hermit the Frog. I realized that the colors were a bit too bright when compared to the patterned paper that I had used so I sprayed some Chance of Rain and Razzle Dazzle Berry also and let them blend together. Without waiting for the mists to dry, I watered down some white acrylic paint and splattered it onto the base. This techniques creates a marbled look, almost looking like a galaxy! Before setting the base aside to dry, I watered down some Dazzlerz Puttin' on the Glitz and splattered it unto the background just to add a bit of glitter to it.


While my base was drying, I matted my pictures using the same light blue cardstock and added some craft foam behind them for some dimension. I then began to pull embellishments out from the Simple Stories Holly Jolly Collection and divide them among the pictures. Once my base was completely dry, I added in the cutfile (also on craft foam) and then placed my pictures. Glued down my embellishments and finished off the layout by adding the title to the upper left hand corner using foam thickers by Pink Paislee and a die cut from Simple Stories. And that's it! Here are a few more close-ups.




I love this layout; so much so that I've placed it in a 12x12 shadow box and it's part of the Christmas decor in my living room!

Here are the links:
- Process video: https://youtu.be/xhi6xg5HSbU



Hope I've inspired you to create gorgeous layouts using lots of Shimmerz colors. Remember, you can receive some free paint by typing in my name in the comments section of your next Shimmerz order. Thanks for looking!
Have a great day!
Stay Crafty!
- Lorimar

No comments: