Saturday, November 2, 2019

The November Winter Wonderland Set with Samantha Robles

Happy November everyone! I cannot express to you how much I adore this time of year. Everything feels magical. Whether it's snowing, Christmas magic or just the endless amounts of cuddling. I love it. The November Winter Wonderland Set from the Shimmerz Paints Color Kitz is just that. It's a perfect transitional kit. You get the warm rustic colors mixed with the chilly Winter hues. It's the perfect set for November.
So, I bought these adorable chip board snow globe pieces last year. It was just a fun little random find. I started this project by painting the chip board "When Skies R Grey" Shimmerz. It took 2 coats to fully cover the chipboard and it's dark edges. While that's drying, I started on getting my Snow Wreath cut file ready to cut. This cut file was created by Paige Taylor Evans with this kit in mind. It's totally exclusive to Shimmerz Paints. Pretty cool, right?!
I try with my layouts to multi task multiple pieces at a time. That way it can all come together at one time. I found this "Snow Cute" chipboard piece in my stash from "Scrapaholics" and decided to mix things up. I mixed white acrylic paint with "Moody Mauve" Coloringz and just started painting a layer on. The acrylic will give it a good base to hold on to. After that piece has dried, I began spraying it with some more Moody Mauve. This piece I did let sit and dry overnight because I did make the mistake in over saturating it.
I LOVE how it turned out. It's got a snowy rustic look to it.
I had some leftover little flowers leftover from a previous project. I used the Mochachino and Penny 4 Your Thoughts Inklingz on the flowers to add that cute little touch. I also picked up these fun foam snowflakes from Hobby Lobby to give this page more of a 3D effect. This kit also includes some adorable Dotz, made exclusively for this kit. I put those in the snow globe, added some sequins from Spiegelmom Scraps and it all tied together. Guys, I cannot express how this layout got me so excited for the season!

Now, run to the Shimmerz Shop before these Kitz FLY off the shelves. They do tend to go pretty quick because you're getting such a great value. Thanks a ton for stopping by!

Happy November!

-Samantha 

No comments: