Sunday, October 27, 2019

Simple Pumpkin

Hello All!

Lee Ann here, with a simple card that lets the 'packaging technique' shine!


I started with a piece of watercolor paper and 3 Shimmerz paints- Dandy Lion Creameez, Just Peachy Creameez and Miner Miner 49er Inklingz.


I dabbed Dandy Lion and Just Peachy Creameez onto a bit of old clear packaging and spritzed it lightly with water. Then I dabbed the paint onto the paper, directly from the clear packaging- some call it the 'smooshing' technique.  I did this multiple times, alternating colors and drying in between applications.  I love how the colors blended and layered.
 Once I had most of the color down, I added the Miner Miner 49er Inklingz to the packaging and spritzed it with water, then dabbed it over the previous colors.  This sparkly, glitzy gold will add just the right shiny gold touch to any project.
Once all of my layered paint was dry, I put a bit of Shimmerz Coal paint on a stamp block and then flicked it over my watercolor paper with a paint brush.  It's a lovely way to spatter with a bit more control.


I decided which section of my watercolor paper I wanted to use for my background and then die cut it out.  I colored a bitty pumpkin with Copic markers and using my MISTI, stamped the sentiment in Versafine Black ink onto my background.  A gray die cut frame finishes it all off. 


That's it for me!  hope you have time to craft and revisit this old, but favorite technique!  Should you decide to do some Shimmerz Paints shopping, don't forget to add my name, Lee Ann, to the comments section of your order to receive a free Shimmerz gift!





And it's almost November- that means a new Shimmerz Colorz Kit is right around the corner!

Lee Ann 

No comments: