Monday, October 28, 2019

Shimmerz Design Team post, Adventure Awaits You, by Melissa Larson



Hi everyone! Melissa here with a design team page for the Shimmerz Paints Color Challenge. This month, we picked out a color we wouldn't normally use. This shade of blue,Ultra Marine Shimmerz,is kind of cold to me. I had to add a lot of aqua colors on the page to warm it up. The ultramarine is mostly on the chipboard. I've used a photo from my son and daughter in laws wedding.





To make this page I used scrapbook paper, applied clear gesso, and white gesso for around the photo. I stenciled on texture paste.  I painted the chipboard with Ultra Marine Shimmerz , and topped it with a thick coat of Ranger Clear Rock Candy Crackle. 






To add visual interest I added micro beads, seed beads, copper leaf,glass glitter,distress glitter, glitter glue,glass beads, pearls, Swarovski crystals, rhinestones,sequins,  pressed flowers and leaves, bark,lichen,sisal,tulle,lace, iridescent wrapping paper, metal from Tim Holtz, flowers from Prima and Reneabouquets, pieces of floral picks, and bling and metal from my stash. The gorgeous butterfly is from Reneabouquets.

I used the following colors for the background: Dear John Letter, Blue My Mind, and Penny 4 Your Thoughts Inklingz. The second two colors have been discontinued.















Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!



Now it's your turn! Our entire team is trying one color that we normally wouldn’t choose. Something that helps us branch out and grow as designers. Come join us! Use the hashtag #shimmerzcolorchallenge to share your projects and how they inspired you to try something new. We can’t wait to see what you create!  








No comments: