Saturday, October 26, 2019

Color Challenge - Don't Citron Me | Kelly Janes

Hey there, friends! Have you taken part in the Autumn Shimmerz Color Challenge? The color I chose, for this challenge, is Don't Citron Me Coloringz. I find green to be a challenging color and it's definitely not something I naturally gravitate towards, so I knew it would be a great color to choose for the challenge!


I started my 12x12 scrapbook layout by adding a layer of clear gesso to the background. I then used heavy black gesso with a spiderweb stencil to add a bit of detailing to the background. I then took the Don't Citron Me Coloringz and sprayed it directly onto the background. 


Once the green was dry, I sprayed Ruby Spritz and Lil' Yellow Skool Bus Coloringz onto a scrap piece of packaging. I mixed those colors together with a paintbrush to create a deep orange color and then used the packaging technique to add that color to the background in a few different areas. I think it's so fun to add the color to the background using different techniques (packaging technique, using a paintbrush, spraying directly on the background, etc.)! You get a different look with each technique!



I then moved onto embellishing. I grabbed multiple Halloween themed embellishments and 4 photos of my kiddo when he was trick or treating. I had so much fun layering the embellishments on the background! I love how the mixed media background peeks out from behind the photos and embellishments!


Now you can take a look at my process video!


I hope you'll play along with the challenge this month! Remember to use the hashtag #shimmerzcolorchallenge when posting online!



No comments: