Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Love My Life With You

Hello everyone!

   Have you tried out a new color for the Shimmerz Color Challenge this month? I previously chose Shimmerz Coffee since brown is one I rarely use as a focal color. My first layout was a masculine, "nature-y" layout, so for this layout I shifted my focus to a more feminine, floral theme.


   I started off by selecting a wood grain patterned paper (Simple Stories Fall Farmhouse) as my base. With a wet brush, make some brushstrokes with white acrylic paint along the center of the layout and then ran over them with my brayer. This techniques gives the mixed media more of a washed out look. I added some extra splatters of white acrylic paint and Coffee (Shimmerz) and Oakie Doakie (Creameez).


     The floral clusters were fussy cut out of a patterned paper from Vicki Boutin's Wild Flower and Honey collection. For extra layers and dimension, I made a swatch of Coffee (in brushstrokes) and Brass Knuckles (in splatters) on a scrap piece of kraft cardstock, and punched out some branches. My leaflets were punched out of plain kraft cardstock.



   Once I had everything, I placed my base (backed with navy cardstock) on my base and layered in the flowers, leaflets, and branches. Used a mix and match of thickers to make title and popped on some stickable pearls in beige. For a finishing touch, and to marry everything together, I splattered Coffee on the whole layout.

And that's it! Hope you are inspired to make a layout like this and to use those "scary and difficult" colors. Remember, if you write my name in the comments section of your next Shimmerz order, you'll receive some free paint!

- Lorimar

www.shimmerzpaints.com




No comments: