Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Mango Tango Bright Spirits | Julee Tilman

Hi Shimmerz friends! It's Julee Tilman popping in today to share my October color challenge creation. I selected Mango Tango Vibez for the challenge. This is one of those misunderstood colors I think. I've actually put it in my cart at least 7 times, then realized I already owned it, but hadn't used it. As I started playing around with it, I realized where the disconnect was happening. I kept thinking it was a rusty orange (the old website swatch was more orange in color, and mangos are kind of orange right? And hooray for the new website, am I right?). But Mango Tango is actually this gorgeous light red/coral color. Add in the shimmer of Vibez and this is one BEAUTIFUL color!



So I started with the idea of using a stencil with the spray and some paste, but changed gears when I set my stencil down on a page to clean it and fell in love with the resulting ghost print. I jut had to use it, so cut it down to card size and then pounced some Angel Wings Shimmerz randomly around the panel with a stencil brush to create a snowy feel.


I then pulled out the Filled to the Brim stamp set I illustrated and stamped the coffee cup, then watercolored with Mango Tango Vibez and fussy cut.  The sentiment is stamped on a circle die cut, then I layered them together adding in some greenery die cuts from pine cardstock. I pounced on these with more Angel Wings and also flicked some Snow Storm Vibez for a little more texture and depth.


Next I took a newsprint tag from my stash and spritzed with Mango Tango, covered the bottom with a bit of washi tape and then accented with a seam binding bow and a couple jingle bells.

Now it's your turn! Our entire team is trying one color that we normally wouldn’t choose. Something that helps us branch out and grow as designers. Come join us! Use the hashtag #shimmerzcolorchallenge to share your projects and how they inspired you to try something new. We can’t wait to see what you create!



As always, if you feel inspired to do a little shopping in the Shimmerz Shop, leave my name in the comment section of your order for a free surprise.



No comments: