Thursday, September 12, 2019

'Make Great Memories' Layout with Process Video | Niki Rowland



Hey there everyone, this is Niki with a new layout to share today. I have used four Inklings & Creameez Shimmerz Paints to creat the water colour effect background on my layout.


These photos were taken on the hottest day ever recorded in the UK so this layout had to be full of bright summery colours. I chose to use Heidi Swapp Color Fresh collection and I started off by figuring out the basic arrangement of my layout. I added the strips at the top and stitched through them.


I added my Inklingz and Creameez to my background using the packaging technique. The trick with these hard paints is to drop some water in them and allow them to sit for a few minutes - this melts the top layer slightly and you end up with a fabulous rich paint.

I pick up some colour with a paintbrush and transfer it onto the packaging. If it's not wet enough then I add some water. Sometimes I just press it onto the layout, then add water directly to the layout and then put the packaging back over the top so that I still achieve the water colour effect. I have made a process video of this layout so if you want to see how I create my backgrounds in more detail then take a look at that. You can find it at the end of this blog post.


The four colours I used are:
Pink Champagne Creameez
Berry Hot Creameez
Refresh Mint Creameez 
Meet Me @ Sunset Inklingz.


Once the paint applied with the packaging technique was dry(ish), I then added splatters. I usually add them colour-on-colour, ie yellow splatters over yellow paint. I did this for this layout. I also added some extra splatters once I had finished the layout.

Here's another look at the finished layout. You can see that I've also used some Dotz...one to the left of my photos that says 'Smile' and the other one is above my photos - that fabulous orange and yellow swirl...this reminded me of a very hot sun, so perfect for this layout.

Thanks so much for joining me today, you can view my process video below. Don't forget that if you place an order via the Shimmerz Store, put my name in the comments and you will get a freebie with your order.

Happy scrapping xx





No comments: