Sunday, September 22, 2019

Fall | Kelly Janes

Hey Shimmerz fans! Kelly here today with a new 12x12 Fall themed scrapbook layout!


I started my layout today by grabbing the Paige Evans Truly Grateful Collection and three Shimmerz colors that match; Cotton Candy Spritz, Plum Pudding Spritz, and Sweetheart Vibez. I added clear and white gesso to the background patterned paper before adding any of the mists.


I cut a Fall themed cut file from The Cut Shoppe using the Truly Grateful 6x8 patterned papers and used those 3 colors behind the cut files. I used the packaging technique, a brush, splattered and misted the colors directly on the background to get the coverage I was looking for.


I then adhered the cut file images on top of the mixed media. The colors were a little too bold in the center of each letter so I painted watered down white acrylic paint in the opening of each letter to mute the mixed media in that area.


I then moved onto adding 8 tiny photos and embellishing. I grabbed multiple Fall themed embellishments from the same Paige Evans collection and I also added hand-stitching around each of the letters to help them pop off the background.


Now you can take a look at my process video to see how this layout came together from start to finish.



I love how versatile the Shimmerz mists are and how the possibilities are endless! 





No comments: