Friday, August 23, 2019

Being Invested with Process Video | Niki Rowland



Hi everyone, Niki here today with a new layout to share. I've used wide paint strokes to create the background for this layout.
I've used a mixture of Inklingz and Creameez and added a small amount of water to each colour. Once the paint had activated a bit I used a wide paintbrush and painted directly onto my white background.

The colours I've used are:
Honeymoon Inklingz 
Teal the End of Time Shimmerz 
Boogie Boardin’ Blue Creameez 
Ride the Tide Creameez 
Green Grass Inklingz 
Freshly Minted Inklingz


Once the background stripes were dry, I then went back and added paint splatters over the top of each stripe. I did this colour-on-colour style.



I've used a mixture of different paper collections to create this layout, but mostly Crate Paper All Heart. Even though this collection was aimed towards girls, I found lots of things that were relevant to this story and worked really well.



I added machine stitching and also used tissue paper and tulle for extra texture. I fussy cut some stars and used an acrylic word for a title, as well as little alpha stickers too.

Thanks so much for joining me today, I hope you have enjoyed this layout. I have also put together a process video which you can view below.

Don't forget if you place an order via the Shimmerz Store, enter my name in the comments and you will get a little freebie in with your order.

Happy scrapping xx 






No comments: