Monday, August 19, 2019

Beautiful Kitty | Kelly Janes

Hey Shimmerz Paints fans! My name is Kelly Janes and I am so excited to share my first design team layout as part of the YouTube Education Team!


I started with a butterfly cut file from The Cut Shoppe and painted the butterflies with multiple Shimmerz Paints. My color choices were based off the Pinkfresh Studio Just a Little Lovely Collection, so I painted the butterflies in shades of blues, pinks and purples.



You definitely wouldn't need as many blues as I used to achieve this look. I had just received an order with new paints and was anxious to try them out! HA! 


I color grouped the butterflies together after they were painted, added a layer of vellum here and there, and then stitched them together down the center. I love the added dimension this give the layout!


I arranged the butterflies on my background, but I added a splash of color to the background using Cold As Ice Vibez, Cotton Candy Spritz and Princess Vibez before I adhered anything down. I then moved onto embellishing. I color blocked the embellishments; which is a really great way to embellish quickly. I added my title using a die cut, and white puffy alphas. I also added subtitles with my kittens names using a smaller puffy alpha set.


I created a process video that you can watch by clicking HERE.

Thanks so much for joining me today and I will be back again next month with a new layout and process video! Don't forget to mention my name in the comments at check-out at the Shimmerz Store to get a free gift!

-Kelly Janes

No comments: