Thursday, August 15, 2019

August Color Kitz Inspiration & Process Video | Amanda Baldwin

Hi Shimmerz Friends & Fans!

Amanda here, & today I am sharing a lil inspiration 
(complete with process video) 
with our gorgeous August Color Kitz!


This month's Color Kitz is absolutely stunning! 
Such pretty colors! &  just check out that exclusive ice cream cut file!!!
Colorz featured are:

 Vibez Hermit the Frog
Coloringz Heidi Ho Blue
Inklingz Sunkissed
Shimmerz Pink

Plus Sprinkle Time! sequins from our friends at SpiegelMomScraps.

If you're super quick, you *might* be able to snare one still before they completely sell out!


I couldn't wait to get creating with this beautiful kit! 
Here's what I came up with.....

"Bloom & Grow"


Oh my heart! Isn't this so pretty!
And before you ask about the ice cream cut file, let me tell you that my moody cutting machine ate every single one of those ice cream cones! I know, right?! So frustrating!
On the upside, digital files keep forever, & I'll try cutting it again after I've updated my software, lol!
I've also opted for a 'clean look' mixed media page - lots of controlled painting for this sweet page!
Here's a closer look at my layout.... 

Whoa! So.much.pretty!!!
Turns out you don't have to use the cut file to maximize the awesomeness of this kit! 

I began my layout by painting a bunch of blooms and leaves from the Cocoa Vanilla Studio "Sophisticated" pattern paper (Midnight collection) using ALL the colors! 
Where's the Heidi Ho Blue, I hear you ask? 
Well, to create those darker green leaves I mixed Coloringz Heidi Ho Blue with Vibez Hermit the Frog - so you kinda get a bonus 'extra' color in your kit ;)
Once dry, I fussy cut all the florals and arranged onto the 12 x 12 white cardstock base.


Next, I sprayed some scrap paper with pure Coloringz Heidi Ho Blue. 
With this newly created blue paper, I punched a few butterflies, and even backed it to my photograph for added interest. 
In keeping with the butterfly adornments, I just couldn't resist using the beautiful


Aren't they the perfect embellishment?! 
You can shop them HERE

Here's a closer look at them on my layout....


Beauties, indeed! 
The pretty yellow & lime butterfly coordinates perfectly with the Vibez Hermit the Frog painted leaves. Love it!


For finishing touches, I add my title Bloom & Grow also from the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Midnight collection, & end with scattering lots of Spinkle Time! sequins onto my page....


So many lovelies to look at!


Absolutely gorgeous!!! 
And such a 'clean' approach to using paints on your projects! 
Wanna see how it all came together?

Please watch my process video HERE






I hope you enjoyed watching my process video
& feel inspired to get creating with your August Color Kitz! 


Thanks so  much for visiting!

til next time, 


No comments: