Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Kindness Card | Julee Tilman

Hi Shimmerz friends! It's Julee Tilman popping in to share a shabby chic card with you. The star of the show today is Coral Reef Inklingz. This color can be found in the beautiful Missy Whidden May Color Kit, or individually in the shop. It's a stunning soft rosy pinkish-peach with shimmer!  So beautiful and perfect for any spring or summer occasion.


This dreamy color reminded me of a pack of ephemera I had with similar colors, so I pulled it out and started work on the card. I did a wash background with the Coral Reef Inklingz  on watercolor paper from dark to light, for a nice ombre effect.  I then stamped the beautiful kindness sentiment in black on the panel and layered the rose ephemera and a butterfly around it.  To really pull the colors together, I added some highlights of Coral Reef Inklingz to both pieces of ephemera.


I didn't have any ribbon to match, so decided to used the Coral Reef Inklingz to dye it the right color.  To do this, I started with a length of white seam binding ribbon and spritzed generously with water.  I then painted the Coral Reef Inklingz onto the ribbon and sprayed with more water. Then when everything was saturated, I crinkled the ribbon into a ball and let it dry. Tada, perfectly color matched ribbon like we're back in the 90's matching our shoes to our velvet pumps! 😆

To finish off the card, I distressed the edges with a paper distresser and added a bit of adhesive pearl flourishes to the bottom.



Thanks so much for stopping by today! As always, if you place an order in the Shimmerz shop, mention my name, Julee Tilman, in the comments so they know who sent ya! Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope your day Shimmerz!


No comments: