Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Beautiful | Julee Tilman

Hi Shimmerz friends! It's Julee Tilman, popping in to share another card I made with the May Missy Whidden Color Kit. This one was inspired by one of the May Flowerz Dotz in the kit.


I started by smooshing the two exclusive kit colors, Rip van Periwinkle Vibez and Iris My Case Shimmerz onto a newsprint tag.  I then added in some Lapis Dance Creameez to bring out some of the blues in the dotz embellishment. I added some cheesecloth to the tag to soften things up, then painted a little Lapis Dance circle to mat the dotz embellishment and layered onto some white cardstock die cuts.



 The sentiment is cut with a word die, then painted with the three colors I used above.  The dotz image reminded me of some Lavender Pieces Scrapaholics chipboard I had in my stash, so I pulled th em out and watercolored with the periwinkle, iris, and lapis to tuck behind the tag.


The card is finished off with a regular A2 sized card base, embossed with a diagonal stripes embossing folder and then splattered with the leftover inks on my palette.  I layered everything together and accented the tag with a seam binding bow for the final touch.

If you haven't picked up your May kit yet, be sure to head on over to the shop, while they're still available. These new colors are totally a-MAY-zing, and available exclusively in the kit right now.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! As always, if you place an order in the Shimmerz shop, mention my name, Julee Tilman, in the comments so they know who sent ya! Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope your day Shimmerz!

No comments: