Wednesday, February 13, 2019

"Yes!" ~ a wedding layout with Sandi Clarkson

Hello, scrappy friends! 
Tomorrow is Valentine's Day. So, how about a sweet wedding layout to celebrate?
It's Sandi here today touting the beauty of the Shimmerz Paints products! 


I love how this layout featuring one of my nieces turned out. After starting with a coat of clear gesso, I played around with my design and planned where my elements would be. 

Next I heat embossed my chipboard piece and assembled my paper layers. I marked where they belonged and then got busy adding my color.



and ...


This time instead of using my tried and true" transfer" technique, I went back to basics and just painted my color on with a small paintbrush and then sprayed my strokes with water from a misting bottle. After applying the water, I just moved my paper around and let the watercolor effect emerge! Sometimes, I added more water and at other times, I added back in some more of the color.

Based on my chosen patterned paper from Blue Fern Studios, I used Coloringz Pink StilettosVibez Palm Reader and Vibez Glorious Day.


Here are some close-ups:




I was so pleased with how the color and shimmer turned out! 
It really draws the eye to the photo.

Thanks for coming by today. 
I hope you've been inspired to create.

Today's post will be my last for Shimmerz Paints for this term. 
I thank Stacey and Sami so very much for having me here. 
It's a very bittersweet kind of day but I've so enjoyed my time here as part of this team. 


Sandi


Shimmerz products used: 

No comments: