Thursday, February 14, 2019

Make Today Count


Here's my new design team page for the amazing Shimmerz Paints! I have used a photo from google free, by A.M. Lorek. 





To make this page, I applied clear gesso to Prima Spring Farmhouse paper,then white gesso on the areas where I wanted to put the photo and embellishments. Later I put gesso over the whole page,it was too busy.  I smoothed on texture paste with the Celtic stencil from TCW, then put the layers with the photo together: I tore off parts of the surface paper of corrugated cardboard, and painted it with gesso. I added the photo with a layer of cardstock taped on, then watercolor paper. I put layers of foam core board between everything to add dimension, and to allow room to tuck things into.







I picked out chipboard from Reneabouquets, and painted it with A Rose (by any other name), and Greener Pastures Inklingz. With a paintbrush I dribbled on a stream of Clear Rock Candy Crackle. I later covered up the green and pink colors because I decided they didn't go with the photo. I used Steely Blue Eyes and I Love You Onyxly Inklingz. I dabbed on gold mica powder.





To add visual interest I applied micro beads, seed beads, glass glitter,glitter glue, mica flakes, pearls, rhinestones, Swarovski crystals, glass pebbles, beads, shells, pressed flowers, lichen, and leaves,white tulle, tiny pieces of gold lace, tulle, a butterfly from Reneabouquet, metal from Vintaj,Prima,  and my stash. There is a Prima Mould item to the right of the photo. I painted it with Steely Blue Eyes, and rubbed on gold mica powder. 






All the grayish blue on the watercolor paper, cardboard, and background paper is Steely Blue Eyes.






I used red glitter glue and red micro beads under the photo. I later added Pixie Dust Blingz to lighten the color, gold mica powder,and gold micro beads.






I extended the woman's hand and arm onto the watercolor paper with a mix of A Rose (by any other name) Inklingz. and Penny 4 Your Thoughts Inklingz.  Penny is also below the chipboard at the top of the page, and in other areas. All the gold on the page is gold mica powder. I drew out the black hair with I Love You Onyxly, then black gesso.






Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!





No comments: