Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Start the Day Right | Julee Tilman

Hi Shimmerz friends! It's Julee Tilman here to share a shimmery card with you today.

I know spring is still a ways away, but I'm definitely wanting to brighten up these gloomy January days with some color in my craft room. This sweet bicycle die cut was sitting on my desk, so I thought I would do a little painting.



I painted the bike body with Crimson Tide Shimmerz and Sweet Heart Vibez.  The seat, kickstand, pedal and tires are done with Silver Bells and Coal Shimmerz, and I finished the basket off with So Sappy and Coffee Shimmerz.  I thought the bike could use some flowers to spruce it up, so pulled out the Lovely Balloons Stampz and stamped the two floral sprays and another basket.  Then I painted with the same colors as above, adding in Celery and Evergreen Shimmerz for the greenery.



For the background, I wanted a neutral color, so chose a brick stencil to sponge on some Silver Bells.  I then went back in with a mix of silver bells and coal to add in some accents on some of the bricks.  It's so very shimmery.  My sentiment choice is from the Fresh Start Stampz set and I thought it fit perfectly for a a January card.  I sponged around the edges of the brick panel with black ink and then added a bit more at the bottom to give the bike a place to rest.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure to check out the Shimmerz shop for all the colorful products I used today:

Fresh Start Stampz
Crimson Tide Shimmerz
Silver Bells Shimmerz
Coal Shimmerz
So Sappy Shimmerz
Coffee Shhimmerz
Celery Shimmerz
Evergreen Shimmerz

If you place an order, leave my name in the comments for a free mini surprise!

1 comment:

Tangii said...

Love those colors! It's certainly cheery and so vibrant. Gorgeous!