Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Muti-Colored Butterfly Layout | Missy Whidden

Hey there, friends!  Missy here with my first layout of the new year using lots of beautiful Shimmerz.  I was in the mood to create some layered butterflies, so I did just that.  I used a sheet of white cardstock and coated it with white gesso.  I pulled several original Shimmerz Paints and began adding them to the cardstock.  I used the packaging technique, water sprays and a brush to basically color the entire sheet.  I also added in some Vibez, Coloringz, and Spritz to add even more color variations.  Once it was all dry, I cut out the butterflies using my Silhouette Cameo.  These images are the Butterfly Background cut file from Paige Evans.

Once I peeled them off the mat, I stacked them, glued them together and then stitched down the middle.  I love how colorful and dimensional they turned out!


Creating a layout "from scratch" using only cardstock is a lot of fun.  The butterflies took up so much space on the page that I didn't need much else to finish it.  I pulled a few alphas from my stash to use for my title as well as a few heart stickers.


I am in love with these butterflies!  I used so many colors, and they blended so well together.  This green color is Vibez Elfin Magic which has a gold powder shimmer finish.  The yellow color is Vibez Mustard Seed, and the blues are a mix of Shimmerz Peacock's Plume & Coloringz Well Blue Me Down.  The wings are easy to bend up once they're stitched together.  I added a sequin to the middle of each stack.  Those are from SpiegelMom Scraps.


I took a lot of close-ups of the details.  Even though these butterflies look complicated, they were honestly very easy to make.


I used a soft pink cardstock for the background.  I added some white gesso first and then came over that with a blend of Dazzlerz Tutti Frutti (a soft pink texture paste) and Shimmerz Pip Pip Cherry-O.  I used a palette knife to smudge the two together to create a pink color.  I added a few of the spare butterflies on the cardstock and then stitched some trails behind them.


I left the messy strings from the thread on the butterflies...I love the whimsy effect it creates.


The Dazzlerz are so shimmery!  I used Coloringz Night Moves after everything was glued down to add some black pops.

 

More close-ups!





I hope this inspires you in some way.  I really enjoyed creating it...make sure you watch my process video to see how I made it from start to finish!




Supplies Used: 
Spritz--Ruby
Dazzlerz--Tutti Frutti


Thanks so much for stopping by!


No comments: