Friday, January 4, 2019

Let it Snow Layout | Lorilei Murphy

Hello! Lorilei here today with my first post as part of the Shimmerz team! I am very happy to be able to share my creations with you! I have been collecting Shimmerz colors for a couple years and love the artsy feeling they bring to layouts!



Today I made a wintery page featuring Snow & Cocoa by Crate Paper. I chose five sprays to co-ordinate with the collection. I started my page by prepping white card stock with clear gesso. I used the packaging technique to add a big pool of Oh Say Can You Sea and Deep Blue Sea to the area I knew my photo would be.



I made sure the teal colors were very dry before adding the pinks. I didn't want any mixing of these contrasting colors! Using the cap and tube I splattered Pink Stilettos, Caribbean Sunset and Sweet Heart around the teal area and extended the splatters out to the right side of the page. I love how the little sprinkles look through the acetate die cut, just like colorful snowflakes!



Once all the paint was dry I added my photo and embellishments. The addition of the Snow and Cocoa glitter snowflakes really brought out the Shimmerz splatters!



Thanks so much for joining me today. I look forward to sharing my pages with you!

Shimmerz Products Used: Deep Blue Sea - VibezOh Say Can You Sea - Coloringz / Pink Stilettos - Coloringz / Caribbean Sunset - Spritz / Sweet Heart - Vibez

* Type LORILEI in the comments section of your Shimmerz Paints Store order to receive a FREE paint!

No comments: