Thursday, January 3, 2019

2018 Year In Review Layout | Nicole Kerr

Hello Shimmerz Fans!

Nicole here and today I have a fun and VERY colorful layout to share with you!  As 2018 comes to an end, I wanted to do a recap or a year in review type layout. I thought it would be a really fun way to end my album. This layout doesn't have much embellishing, but has LOADS of color! Here's a quick look at the final layout:


For this project, I chose to use a piece of watercolor paper as opposed to 12x12 scrapbook paper for my base.  I knew with all of the colors that it was going to need to take a whole lot of water and paint. I started by choosing a rainbow of colors and ended up going with all mists for this project.  Here is some "eye candy" for the colors I chose:



These are all of the colors I used and the actual order I used them in on my spread. I did not prep my watercolor paper before I began, I simply put my colors in order that I wanted to use them and had my water bottle within reach.  I started by spraying the outer edge of my paper with a single color and gave it a quick mist with water so it formed a color droplet. I moved my paper around to direct that water drop towards the center of the paper.  I continued with this process for every color.  The key for me was to do each color as they were still wet.  I let them naturally bleed into each other.  The only time I took a paper towel to soak any color up was when they all reached the center of the layout and it started to create a muddy brown.  Once dry, I added 1.5" photos in a circular pattern, backed by a color coordinating paper. After adhering them all down, I added in color coordinating heart embellishments, pieces of chipboard that I colored with Shimmerz Coal and my title in the center. For my journaling, I added it around the outside edge of my layout. It created a nice frame and also includes a short description of the photos that I chose every month.  Here are a few close ups of my final project:







 Here's a complete list of the colors I used today:
Shimmerz Paints Coal
Vibez Pink Moscato
Spritz Ruby
Spritz Caribbean Sunset
Coloringz Peachy Keen
Vibes Sunset Strip
Vibez Glorious Day
Coloringz Don't Citron Me
Coloringz Oh Say Can U See
Coloringz Well Blue Me Down
Spritz Sapphire
Coloringz Ahoy Matey
Spritz Walkin' a tight Heliotrope

Whew that's a lot! lol!
DON'T FORGET!  When you place an order over at Shimmerz paints, mention my name during checkout in the notes section for a free surprise color! 

Thanks so much for joining me today!
If you play along, please tag @ShimmerzPaints!








No comments: