Saturday, January 19, 2019

Bloom Where You Are Planted | Melinda Beltran

Happy Saturday crafty friends,
Today I am over on the ShimmerzPaints.com blog sharing my latest design team creation.
Here's a look at my completed card. It is an A2, top folding card base from some Parakeet Bazzill cardstock. I then used a piece of whit cardstock for my mat. I brushed on a combination of some Marigold and Bumbly Bee Shimmerz Paints to create the shimmery Golden background.

Here's a closer view of the background. The picture doesn't accurately capture the two shades but they are there!

Next, I went to work creating my flowers. I cut them out of plain white cardstock and then painted the die cuts with my Corney Flower Blue Shimmerz Paint and Honeymoon Inklingz. I then staggered and layered the two sizes of die cuts to give the flower some fullness. I slightly curled the petals to give them some added dimension. For the leaves, I started again with plain white cardstock and then painted them with a combination of Olive U Truly Inklingz and Green Olive Shimmerz Paint.

I then created the SVG file for the pretty decorative frame and then layered that along with the flowers to my mat. Here you can see I added some pearl embellishments for a little extra flair.


I then used the Bloom Where planted sentiment from the Hello Happiness Stampz set and stamped my sentiment onto a cross stitched square die. I then cut out another cross stitched die from some green cardstock for an additional layer. I mounted both of those onto my card.

Here is one last look at my completed card. I think it turned out so vibrant and pretty. I think the recipient is really going to enjoy it. 

Supplies Used

DON'T FORGET, ADD MY NAME IN THE COMMENTS SECTION OF YOUR ORDER AND GET A FREE MINI FREEBIE TO TRY!

As always, thank you so much for stopping by. Be sure to come back by and see what the rest of these incredibly talented designers are creating! Until the next time, you have a wonderfully crafty day!

No comments: