Monday, January 21, 2019

Just Breathe

Hi everyone!Melissa here with a design team page for Shimmerz Paints! I have used a photo from free google by A.M. Lorek.
 What a pleasure it is to work with these beautiful, high quality paints!





To make this page I applied clear gesso to paper by 49 and Market. I applied texture paste with a stencil, then put the layers under the photo together.  I tore off a lot of the surface paper of a piece of corrugated cardboard, and painted it with gesso. I added the photo with a layer of cardstock taped on, then watercolor paper. I put layers of foam core board between everything to give dimension, and room to tuck things.






I picked out chipboard from Reneabouquets, and painted it with Dear John Letter Inklingz. I topped it with a thick layer of Ranger Clear Rock Candy Crackle. I later added Penny 4 Your Thoughts to the chipboard to help make the crackle visible.






To add visual interest I applied micro beads, glass glitter, seed beads, pearls, rhinestones, Swarovski crystals, glass beads,sequins, shells, glass marbles,pressed flowers and leaves, moss,gauze, Prima flowers, Vintaj and Tim Holtz metal, and chain. The big peachy pink flower is from 49 and Market.






This shows some of the dimension of the page.
All the blue on the page is Steely Blue Eyes Inklingz.  All the brown is Penny 4 Your Thoughts Inklingz.  I dabbed on gold mica powder to highlight some things.






At the end I added some stamping from Prima, and Finnabair.




Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week! Remember, if you put my name in the comments section when you order, you can get free paint!



1 comment:

Ann Marie Governale said...

Stnning, stunning, stunning..thank you for the beautiful pics and inspiration. I have so many of the embellishments (crystals, pearls etc- I am a "bling" girl) that I must try this! I am moving from years of card making to mixed media and I love how much I learn and grow from others- just gorgeous!