Saturday, December 29, 2018

The Elf Made me Do It! | Niki Rowland



Hi Shimmerz fanz! Niki here today and I'm sharing a christmassy layout today. I created the background using a Silhouette cut file which I drew using the pen holder and a black sharpie pen. I usually use a sketch pen but the sketch pens are water based and therefore smudge when you try to paint within the lines. So I thought I'd try a Sharpie. It worked super well but probably has a bolder line than I would like. I'll have to do some research into other permanent pens that have a finer tip.


Once the cut file was drawn I used four colors of Shimmerz to paint within the lines:

The Creemeez Red Necking and Shimmerz Royal Red are pretty similar in colour but the Shimmerz has more shimmer. I love the Shimmerz water colors so much becuase they are already mixed and lovely and shimmery. I admit to not having many Creameez mainly becuase I prefer my paints to have lots of shimmer but I was pleasently surprised to find that the Creameez does shimmer a little bit. I like the consistency of the Creameez and Inklingz becuase the amount of liquid I add is up to me. If I add a lot of water then the paint is more fluid but if I only add a little then I have this really gorgeous thick paint that is very easy to control when painting within lines.


The light green colour is called Inklingz Freshly Minted and is such a pretty colour. Perhaps not traditional Christmas but I made it work lol. After my painting was done I then built the rest of my layout using papers and embellishments. 

To finish off I also added lots of paint splatters under the photo and along the line of my embellishment/photo cluster. I added a few gorgeous Spiegelmom Scraps sequins too from the Holly Berries mix. I've used a mixture of scrapbooking collections: Pebbles Cozy & Bright and My Minds Eye Jingle All the Way mainly. I love how there are so many Shimmerz colours that there's never any problem coordinating with paper collections!


I loved making this Christmassy layout and using the very gorgeous Christmas Shimmerz colours! Happy scrapping and don't forget to put my name in the comments if you place an order to get a free gift xx 
 






 Products used:


No comments: